Objective of the Directorate
The objective of the Finance and Procurement Directorate is ensuring appropriate utilization of financial resources that are obtained both from government & development partners are determining that the monetary income and expenditures of the Institute are undertaken in line with the financial laws and directives of the country as well as in compliance with the requirements of the Institute partners. The directorate is also required to confirm that the grant fund is used for the intended purpose in the time specified and reported is issued timely. It is also the objective of the directorate to facilitate services contributing to the success of the Institute.
Organization of the Directorate
The finance and Procurement Directorate is accountable to the Institute’s Director-General.
The directorate provides the following major activities:
- Timely request budget from MOFED for capital, salary, and operating activities.
- Issue receiving vouchers for various incomes and ensure that it is recorded properly.
- Effect payment in line with the budget allocated by the government.
- Respond to auditors' queries timely and appropriately.
- Prepare and submit reports on receipts and utilization of treasury budgets.
- Timely close the books of accounts and present to internal and external auditors for review and take corrective action on audit findings.
- Settle payments for any services, purchases, salary, allowance, and other financial commitments of the Institute.
- Prepare procurement plans based on input requirements of the Institute.
- Carry out the procurement of goods and services locally and internationally in response to the request from directorates.
- Request for yearly procurement needs, and collect from directorates and offices of the Institute, and develop a consolidated procurement plan and carry out the purchase through the open bid.
- Make a close follow-up on all procurements carried out through external agents including Public Procurement and Property Disposal Service of the Federal Government.
- Facilitate all audit activities by external and internal auditors on procurement.
- Take corrective actions based on the auditors’ comments. Provide regular and timely reports on procurement.
- Organize workshops, training, events, meetings, and conferences conducted by all directorates at the Institute.
Director, Finance, and Procurement